There are many ways to volunteer with Table of Plenty in Chelmsford! Below are the types of volunteer opportunities we offer. Meals are served every Tuesday from 5:00 – 6:00 PM at the Chelmsford Senior Center, located at 75 Groton Road (Rte 40) in North Chelmsford. Please contact us for additional information about volunteering.
- Weekly Meal Team Member: We have 8 teams that come once every eight weeks to help prepare and serve the meal. To respect the dignity of our guests, volunteers who serve the meal must be high school age or older. Please contact us about other ways for those younger than high school age to help.
- Cooks: Love to cook? Then we could use your help! As a cook, help prepare, cook, and plate our weekly meal from 2:00 – 6:30 PM on Tuesdays. We welcome all experience levels, and we can work with any time commitment you would be able to make.
- Dishwashers: We can always use dishwashers on Tuesdays between 3:00 – 5:00 PM or 5:00 – 7:00 PM. Requires a commitment of just one Tuesday a month for either time slot. This is our greatest current volunteer need! You would be using a commercial dishwasher setup.
- Set-Up Crew Member: Set up crew members arrive at 3:00 PM to wipe down tables and set them with silverware. Set-up takes about 45 minutes and requires a commitment of one Tuesday a month.
- Clean-Up Crew Member: Help clean tables, sweep the dining area, wash the kitchen floor, and take out the trash after the meal from 6:00 – 6:30 PM on Tuesdays. We welcome teens to join a clean-up crew — this is a great opportunity for those in need of service hours! Requires a commitment of one Tuesday a month.
- Bread / Bagel Pick-Up Person: Pick up baked goods donated by local cafes and deliver them to the Chelmsford Senior Center.
- Musicians: We welcome musicians to play or sing for our guests during the meal.
You may also wish to consider sponsoring a meal. The cost of a meal sponsorship is $200, and you could share the sponsorship with family, friends, neighbors, or co-workers. We also welcome business and organizations to sponsor meals. The reward is special, and the need is great.